Sunday, November 15, 2009

Gorgeous sunset


Here's what the sunset looked like from my front yard on Wednesday, Nov. 11. It seems like the sky is on fire.
Today I did a groundwork training session with my Appy mare, Sailor. She did really well - and so did I! This is our third session within the last week, and I push her a little farther each time. It's been a while since I trained her all by myself, so it's a confidence builder for me too. She is so bright, she remembers mostly everything. But she is not a confident horse, so I have to work on inspiring her to have confidence in me. If I can conquer that, I believe I will be able to ride her again. She is a horse who wants a strong leader, and I have to prove to her that I am that person. When she believes in her leader, she is a wonderful horse to ride.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo! And glad your work with Sailor is going well.

    ReplyDelete