Monday, April 27, 2009

thanks to all

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes for my 2 girls. Fascinating to hear that another Noble is having a 29th birthday! I took time this morning to give each horse a special grooming that including mane & tail trim and show sheen shine, extra currying to get out the loose hair, and for Sailor, cleaning in an - ahem - intimate area that gets a little cruddy during spring heat. By some miracle, both mares stood quietly and let me work on them, even though their morning hay was waiting outside.

My mom's situation is still a mess, and now the insurance company has stopped paying. So they are pushing us toward a nursing home, even though we feel the memory care center is better suited to her. My brother and I are feeling crushed by the system, and it's hard to keep the will to fight. They have upped her meds and she is hallucinating again. Unbelievable.

I will be writing a book about this experience, and think I have enough publishing contacts to get it published. My new motto: It's never too late to become what you might have been. (George Eliot)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mom - do you have a geriatric care manager - there's a professional organization for them - they can be a life-saver in a situation like this since they know the rules and also what your options are in the area. They do cost some money, but could save you money and heartache in the end. I have used one with my parents, and it's allowed me to have some peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could offer some good advice. Insurance companies are a nightmare to deal with. Their decisions make no sense to anyone but themselves. I will say another prayer for you all, hoping the works out for the best for your mom. So very sorry.

    ReplyDelete