Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

Fourth of July for me meant doing some work around the house, some gardening and barn cleaning. In the evening though, we went out for dinner, something we haven't done in a long time. We went to one of our favorite places, located in Pawlet, VT, called The Barn. It's a 100 year old barn that has been turned into a restaurant, and still is very much a barn inside. It was a nice dinner and a nice time.

Today the sun came out! Maybe because it has been raining non-stop for a month, but the sky seemed more blue than I'd seen it in some time. I couldn't stop staring at the wonder of it. I did something I haven't been able to do yet this year: sit out on my deck and soak up a few rays. It's hard to believe we haven't had a decent day until July 5. In celebration of the nice weather, and so I could say we did something on this holiday weekend, JD and I went to a lakeside party at a restaurant on a local lake (Glen Lake). This place used to be our hangout when we lived in Queensbury, so we know the owner well. She had booked a band, which played on the lawn by the lake. We ran into tons of people we hadn't seen in a long time, and my son Craig even joined us for a while. It was a relaxing way to spend the afternoon, and I think JD enjoyed it after working long hours on the Minne-Ha-Ha on Thursday and Friday.

So no horse time this weekend, but maybe tomorrow I will be able to work Sailor. She responded well to our work last week, so it's important to continue. It would be a huge accomplishment for me to be riding her again sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous weather here too! Blue skies, low humidity and simply wonderful!!

    Your post gave me a big smile. It sounds as if you had a wonderful time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete