Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Cinderella Saints

My big excitement in the past couple of days was to watch my alma mater, Siena College go to the NCAA tournament and actually win the first game. I stayed up way too late watching it on Friday night, because it went to 2 overtimes, and Siena ended up winning in the final seconds of the second overtime. Truly exciting!
Tonight they played the nation's top team, Louisville, and gave them a game. The final score was 79-72, but Siena was ahead by 4 points at one time. The fact that Siena (with only 3,000 students) held their own against the best team in the country is a victory in itself. For this old-time cheerleader, it was really exciting, something I could never have dreamed of when I was a student back in the 70s.

1 comment:

  1. what's NCAA? which sport we talking about?

    whatever, well done them...

    ReplyDelete