Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another storm on the way!

Today was the calm before the storm, so to speak. Tonight snow starts, and depending on who you listen to, we're going to get anywhere from 5 to 9 inches of snow. Better than ice, I guess.
Last night I worked an author event at the store. Small crowd, but then it was snowing like crazy (plust high wind) in Manchester. Had a miserable drive through blinding snow and slippery roads for a good part of the way home. But when I got close to NY (I work in Vermont) the snow stopped and the roads were dry.
Today I went down to Albany to visit my mom, then went to my sister-in-laws to deliver my old walker to her. She broke her ankle last week, not as serious as my break 3 years ago (she didn't need surgery), but she's still plenty miserable about her situation. So I stayed for a while and commiserated with her, let her know that it's OK to feel sorry for herself sometimes.
Not much horse time today, because I was barely at home. I hope they don't feel too neglected. But as long as they're eating well, I'm sure all is forgiven.

2 comments:

  1. This weather is enough to make anyone crazy. Glad you made it home safely through all the snow. Too bad about your sister's ankle. That's got to hurt. I'm sure the horses are happy with their food and will welcome your attentions when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full tummies always make for happy horses. They probably didn't even notice you were gone. *G*

    So sorry about your sister-in-law and her ankle. No fun every but even worse for getting around in this kind of weather. And yes, she has a right to feel sorry for herself. Please extend my good wishes.

    The winter will end someday...sooner than later, I hope. It's just one icky day after another.

    ReplyDelete