Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's snowing

Just as much of the snow was melting, here comes a fairly big storm. Today started nice, sunny with no wind, but by lunchtime it was getting cloudy and a very strong wind whipped up. By 3 pm or so it looked like blizzard conditions outside. I had an appointment in late morning for a freelance writing job, so I was fortunate to get that done before the snow started. I also took out time to have lunch with my son, which was nice.
The horses have snow built up on their blankets, but at least they are staying dry underneath. Because the temperature is relatively warm (low 30s) I think I'm going to give them both dry blankets when I bring them in the barn. It seems like the wet snow on their necks melts and then runs down along their chests, making the area around the front of the blanket all wet, including a little underneath. But overall, I love the waterproof Weatherbeeta blankets. They're moderately priced, wear like iron, and keep my girls warm and dry.

2 comments:

  1. We're back to winter too - not much snow but howling wind and cold. I've had good luck with the Weatherbeetas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's why they make those blankets with neck covers and hoods. Always thought that was overkill, but it does make some sense.

    Guess we lucked out down here in Jersey. No precipitation but really more heavy winds. Maybe it's the downdraft from your storm. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete