Thursday, February 26, 2009

Busy week

At least the weather has improved since my last post. Well, sort of. Sunny and nice yesterday, so I took my car through the car wash. My reward was waking up today to a wet snowfall. So by the time I got to work in Manchester, it was hard to tell that my car was clean just a few hours ago. Winter in the northeast: if it's dry so your car will stay clean, it will be way too cold to wash it (as in teens or single digits). So when the sun is shining, we all drive around with filthy cars because we don't want the door locks to freeze. Then, when it warms up so that it's safe to clean your car, it either snows or rains. Either way, you've got a clean car for less than 5 minutes. Hardly worth the $6 to drive to run the car through the Laser Wash.

Just for fun, my old mare Noble decided she would like her own blog so she could have her say for the world. She's at The Marezilla Rant. It's quite interesting, and she has loads to say.

Tomorrow it's going to be warm (40's) but high winds and rain, so the horses will have to wear their sheets. Noble especially gets very chilled and visibly shakes in this kind of weather, so I have to keep her from getting soaked through. I think Sailor appreciates staying dry, too. Of course the knuckleheads could always go in the run-in shed to get out of the rain, but that would be too easy.

Right now I'm waiting for my son to call. His plane should be landing in L.A. any time. He's going to visit a couple of friends from high school who are living out there. But I'll worry until I hear from him!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure of what the principles about not staying in the run in during wet weather is all about, but even my horses follow them.

    One of my trainers insisted it's because inside the shed is all the noise from the rain and wind against the walls and roof. When they are outside, they can see all the dangers and just not hear them. *Shrug shoulders*

    ReplyDelete